As the technology takes the pace, incredible innovations and mind blowing mega structures comes in to the picture, also some significant amount of harm has been flowing underneath which in long run would conquer the entire world making lives much more thorny in the sense causing destructive health problems often lead to mark expiry date touching everything but not leaving any of the living and non living organisms on the planet involving human beings, aquatic life, flora and fauna, lakes, historic monuments and natural vegetation. The monster behind such gigantic demolition is POLLUTION. If pollution continues, the day is not far when our earth will be a boiling pan and become a desert or it will be covered with sea water causing destruction of mankind.
Environmental pollution has become one of the chief threats to the human survival on this planet. Pollution can be defined as a release of unwanted and harm causing substances in to nature the substances be any unnatural or sometimes artificial significantly lowers the comfort of other organisms in that environment. Environmental pollution in the sense a kind of pollution which adversely affects the organisms which comes under environment. Regardless of types of pollution ultimately it damages the entire ecosystem and destroys the delicate balance in it and also creates health hazards to human beings and animals besides damaging the ecosystem in short ,The environment comprises water, air, plants and animals. If we pollute them, then the subsistence of man and environment will be vulnerable.
How to Reduce Environmental Pollution in our Surroundings
A very meaning full quote goes like this “prevention is better than cure” – so it’s better to control pollution and to save environment before it gets devastated. Now you got very clear cut information about environment –pollution-its effects and all. So to prevent environment pollution let me describe types of pollution to narrow the issue. If certain steps are taken in each and every category of pollution, the task of saving environment and thereby preventing pollution will become much easy.
Broadly Environmental pollution can be categorized in to 5 types. Those are:- Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil contamination, Radioactive pollution and Noise pollution
Due to the above reasons It has resulted to the warming up of the earth known as Global Warming. There are many means of causing pollution, what so ever and whom so ever the urgent need is to control environmental pollution and save our planet by implementing necessary steps in each of the following cases. Let me explain each of it in detail.
Methods to prevent Air Pollution
- The very first thing is to Conserve energy – turn off appliances and lights when you leave the room.
- Cultivate the act of Recycling paper, plastic, glass bottles, cardboard, and aluminum cans because this conserves energy and reduces production emissions.
- Keep wood stoves and fireplaces well maintained as possible.
- Plant deciduous trees in locations around your home to provide shade in the summer, but to allow light in the winter.
- Choose not to smoke in your home, especially if you have children
- Choose efficient, low-polluting models of vehicles. Choose products that have less packaging and are reusable.
- Shop with a canvas bag instead of using paper and plastic bags.
- Buy rechargeable batteries for devices used frequently.
- Get regular engine tune ups and car maintenance checks (especially for the spark plugs).
- Use energy-conserving (EC) grade motor oil.
- Report smoking vehicles to your local air agency.
Methods to prevent Water Pollution
- Do not use colored bathing bars. They are known to contribute more to water pollution.
- Avoid buying packaged water as far as possible. The best policy to adopt is to carry a bottle of water when you step out of the house. This has couple of advantages one, you eliminate your contribution to pollution related to plastic bottles, and the other economic too.
- Care should be taken while using toxic products like paints, automobile oil, polishes, and cleaning products; they should be stored and disposed off properly.
- Avoid doing from throwing litter into streams, lakes, rivers, or seas
- The very basic thing to conserve water by turning the tap off when you do not need running water.
- Maintain septic systems. Waste water and sewer sludge can contaminate soil with hazardous chemicals and bacteria that breed disease. These pollutants can seep into underground streams, or aquifers, used for drinking water.
- Make sure you use natural fertilizers and pesticides as far as possible.
Methods to prevent Soil Contamination
- The best control measure regarding soil pollution is to Promote the use of Bio Fertilizers and Fungicides
- The very next important issue is concerned with the Reduce Toxic Wastage’s.
- The best possible way to prevent soil pollution is to Recycle Waste
- Deforestation is a very good activity to control soil pollution.
- Prevent erosion by maintaining a green cover of plants and grass on soil. Bare soil is more susceptible to the forces of wind and water.
Methods to prevent Radio – Active Pollution
- By stopping the leakage from the radioactive materials including the nuclear reactors, industries and laboratories radio-active pollution can be prevented.
- The nuclear power plants must stick to all the safe instructions. The protective garments must be worn by the workers who work in the nuclear plants. The natural radiation must be at the permissible limits and it must not exceed.
- The wastes with a very low radiation must be dumped into the sewage.
Methods to prevent Noise Pollution
- The voice must not be passed directly to the receiver and must be sidetracked upwards as a replacement for of downwards as in case of ear splitting jet exhaust noise.
- It is much better to reduce the source of noise basically.
- The path of transmission of sound must be stopped and the receiver of noise must be safe guarded.
- The acoustical furnishing must be done so that the sound can be absorbed.
Finally would like to say, by following the above suitable measures in all the cases environmental pollution can be prevented. Moreover special programs must be taken up by government as well as some non-profit organizations to create awareness among public. Also electronic media and news papers can be used for communication purpose to educate people in protecting our planet by preventing environmental pollution.